Monday, February 7, 2011

Verse of the Day-2

Philippians 1:6
I am sure that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on that day when Christ Jesus comes back again.



If you are a fellow follower of Jesus Christ, this is one of the great promises of the Bible that keep you going when things get tough.  When we are born again, the spirit of God literally lives within us and are hearts are radically changed.  This, however, does not mean we become sinless, as Christ is, for the spirit still lives in a body of flesh that wars against the spirit.


When we struggle with our walk of faith, we can hold fast to the promise that Jesus doesn't start something He won't finish.  Live your life knowing that; whatever you are going through, it has a purpose for the growth of your spirit.  This knowledge empowers us to hold our heads high throughout the dark times in our life because we know that one day we will be a finished work of art.


Lord,


Thank You for opening my eyes and for helping me to see the truth.  Living life in this world hasn't been easy, but I know that all things happen for the good of Your glory.  Let Your promise live in me today that I may grow ever closer to You.  Thank You Lord, for saving my soul.  In Jesus Holy name, amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment